Wednesday 3 February 2016

See, see, where Christ’s blood streams in the firmament! One drop would save my soul, half a drop: Ah, my Christ

MEG-02: BRITISH DRAMA
ASSIGNMENT
(Based on Blocks 1-9)
Programme: MEG
Ast code: MEG-02/TMA/2015-16
Max. Marks: 100



QNO1: Explain the following passages with reference to their contexts and supply brief critical comments where necessary :

                          a)   See, see, where Christ’s blood streams in the firmament!
           One drop would save my soul, half a drop: Ah, my Christ.

                These lines come from Faustus’s final speech, just before the devils take him down to hell. It is easily the most dramatic moment in the play, and Marlowe uses some of his finest rhetoric to create an unforgettable portrait of the mind of a man about to carry off to a horrific doom.  
(For the complete answer and also the full set of answers of MEG 01 to MEG 08 mail me : ignousolvedassignmentz@gmail.com, you may also call or WhatsApp me to get instant reply: +919947147185)

No comments:

Post a Comment